Friday, April 11, 2008

Oh my...


Well, it's time to spread the good news... We are expecting! As of today, I am at 12 weeks/4 days. We are both very excited and looking forward to starting our family together. Our estimated due date (EDD) is 10/20/08.

Today we had an appointment to do a scan to determine the possibilities of Downs Syndrome. If things look good, we will probably forego the amniocentesis. If things don't look good, we will move forward with it. We should get the test results in about a week. The doctor said the baby looked healthy and things looked good but I'd really like to get the results back to know for sure. We haven't told many friends because we were waiting to get out of the first trimester and to have the scan today. I'm feeling pretty positive about it but am still somewhat cautious.

So here's a breakdown of important dates so far:
  • 2/13/08 - FOUR positive pregnancy tests
  • 2/15/08 - Confirmed pregnancy w/our doctor
  • 3/5/08 - We saw the baby's heart beat (so cool!)
  • 4/2/08 - I heard the baby's heart beat
  • 4/11/08 - Saw baby move in the U/S and took scan for Downs
  • 5/23/08 - U/S to find out gender
  • 10/20/08 - EDD
We heard a rumor that there might have been a little wager that we would conceive during the honeymoon. Based on the due date (and the fact that it was almost scientifically impossible at that time), obviously that didn't happen. Hope someone didn't lose too much money on that wager! :-)

So that's our news! I haven't blogged in a while because it seems all I think or talk about is the "Peanut". It's hard to blog and write about what is going on our lives when we are keeping some things quiet for awhile.

2 comments:

d-squared said...

I'm so happy for the two of you. Congrats again and again.

Amy J. said...

Yay! I've said it before and I'll say it again - I'm so thrilled for you I can't stand it! Good looking 12-week ultrasound, I can't wait to hear what you find out on 5/23!