Wednesday, May 27, 2009

What year is this??

Every now and then little things happen that make me wonder if, as a society, we are moving backward instead of forward. Yesterday I was driving to pick up Shelby from daycare and I saw this pickup truck displaying a bumper sticker that just made my jaw drop when I read it... literally. I almost had to pick it up off the floorboard. The bumper sticker said this: Help cure AIDS, shoot a queer. WTF??? Are you kidding me? I was astounded. I found myself getting so angry that I would have rammed this moron's truck in a heartbeat. I wanted to pull him out of his truck and ask him if he even had a high school education. Even kids in high school (heck probably junior high or elementary) know that not just gay people get HIV/AIDS. Straight people do too... Hello?? If only life were as "simplistic" as this moron thinks it is. Children and heterosexuals die every day from AIDS.

My guess is that he probably would even go as far to say that he's Christian too. Sure he is. Hey mister, what happened to treating others like you'd like to be treated? So if that's the case and he wants to be treated the way his bumper sticker reads, perhaps he should invest in a new bumper sticker that says "Help cure ignorance, shoot a stoopid person." Yes, I know I misspelled it. My hope is that he doesn't have children that will grow up with such distorted.uncaring.unloving views of the world and all of the people in it. And if he has children, please don't let them be Shelby's age. I wouldn't want her growing up around them!

Jerk...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's right. You're living in Dumb-butt, Texas!

http://rackjite.com/categories/50-Dumbutt,-Texas