Tuesday, December 28, 2010

2010 Newsletter

I had the best of intentions to send out holiday cards and now another year has passed that I didn't. But here's my newsletter to catch anyone up with what is going on in the Hart household. :-)

****************************

Wow! What a difference a year makes. Shelby is definitely not the same child she was last Christmas. She's talking and singing up a storm... running... playing... and just being completely and totally adorable. She amazes me on a weekly, if not daily, basis and makes us laugh constantly. And the child knows NO fear. She is totally fearless. I don't know if that is typical toddler behavior or if she is just going to be "one of those kids" that we find climbing in trees or on the rooftops. In August, Shelby started going to daycare three days a week to give my mom a break and provide her with social interaction (and fun crafts!). She's thriving at the school and loves her new friends and teachers. She is experiencing some issues with her ears and we will find out next week if she needs tubes. Hopefully not... But for the most part, Shelby is a healthy, happy, and VERY opinionated two year old!

Well, what I thought was my "dream job" turned out not to be my "dream company". The parent company had different ideas for the company and product. I've seen that "writing" on the wall in my past lives so I left Teres in August and started at Q2ebanking. I love the company, environment and product. It is very inspiring and I enjoy going into work each day. I see many ways that I can contribute to the company and it is going really well so far!!

Jon's doing great at his contract job and is first on the list for a temp-to-hire conversion. We are hoping and praying it will happen in Q1 of 2011! He really loves the company and what he is doing. It is a nice change from his last several jobs when he hated going to work. A happy husband is a happy home! :-)

We've been in the new house a little over a year and things are really going well. Mom is adjusting and has joined a church in Hutto and has even joined their choir! She is getting out and meeting new people, which pleases me. It has been an adjustment, living with my mom again... and having two hens in the house (so to speak). There are four very stubborn people in this household (and yes, I am counting Shelby... she comes by it naturally). There have been growing pains and probably will continue to be some as time continues on but things are leveling out and we are finding our rhythm.

Mom's back has really been bothering her and we should find out next week if she needs surgery. It looks like it will be necessary but we are hoping for a miracle.

I received some blood work in May and failed to act on it until September. I had joined Weight Watchers online in May with every intention of doing the program to lose weight and lower my cholesterol. But I didn't. No accountability. So in September, I broke down and went to a WW meeting. That was hard because it was like admitting failure in my mind. Since then, I am proud to say that I have lost 26 pounds and will continue down this new path and journey because I deserve to feel better and to be more healthy... and my family deserves a healthier and happier me!

We are very happy that my father-in-law is home, safe and sound and made huge strides with his physical therapy. He walks a lot without his cane and it seems like the worst is behind him now. We are so grateful! They visit Shelby often and she just LOVES her Pa-paw and Grandma!

It has been a challenging year, emotionally and financially, but things are looking up. We have our family and our friends and that is sometimes all you need to make it through the tough times. I've kinda kept to myself a lot this year and I recognize that. I hope to get out of that "funk" and be more outgoing in the new year.

In closing, my hope is that you have a wonderful 2011. Our past can only make us stronger and more prepared for our future. No matter how bad things may seem for us, someone out there has it worse and we should be thankful for what we do have. I’m certainly thankful for everything I have and everyone that is in my life. Enjoy every moment you have and make every moment count.

With much love,

Desma
(Jon and Shelby too!)

No comments: