Thursday, July 30, 2009

Smiley...


As each day passes, Shelby's little personality shines more. She's been pulling up a.lot. She's started "dancing" some while holding on to something. Shelby still doesn't understand volume control and babbles rather loudly (especially when we are in a restaurant or store!). She loves listening to music.

Her top two teeth are coming in and that's painful for her. It is even more painful because she fell the other day and hurt her little mouth (you may be able to see a little booboo on her chin in the photo). I think the bottom two teeth pushed up into her already-sensitive top gum. There was quite a bit of bleeding involved and major panic on my part. I didn't mean to panic but when you see blood dripping out of the side of your baby's mouth, it kinda freaks you out! After we both calmed down and the bleeding stopped, things were better but I could tell it was painful and really bothering her (especially at night).

Shelby is very adventurous and curious about things. It's fun to watch her piece things together. I swear she gets smarter every day. The other day we were at Babies R Us with my mom. My mom was standing behind the shopping cart and Shelby was in her stroller facing the cart. Mom was playing peek-a-boo with her and instead of watching my mom's face to see where she's "pop" up behind the merchandise, Shelby started staring at the floor watching the direction her feet would move so she would know where to look! Amazing...

Another cute story... Shelby was getting into something she shouldn't and my mom gently tapped her hand and told her "No." Shelby looked at her and a few minutes later, did it again. Mom repeated with tap and "No." Well, Shelby sat there for a few minutes and then proceeded to crawl over to my mom and smacked her on the hand, giving her a very stern look! Mom said it was very hard not to just crack up laughing.

That's all for today. Thanks to everyone who posted comments in the Tap, tap, tap post. As a technical writer, I know people probably don't read the stuff I write professionally... who reads User Manuals and directions anyway, right? ;-) I'm used to that. But it is nice to know people read and enjoy the blog. I really like writing it and "journaling" about Shelby and her development.

No comments: