Next week, I go on a business trip. The good news is that it is to Minnesota so I'm hoping for cooler weather. The bad news is that it will be my first time away from Miss Shelby. I've never spent a night away from her and now I'll be away from her for 3 whole days and 2 nights.
I wanted to go on the trip because it will be a great learning experience for me. Ya see, our company uses the Agile development lifecycle and I've never been exposed to it before now. The workshop I am attending is geared toward writing documentation in an Agile environment. It will be great to learn how to adapt and write with shorter release cycles.
But sometimes you have to be careful what you ask for. I thought there was a good chance they wouldn't approve me going but they did... And that is when the feeling in the pit of my stomach developed.
I've never traveled as a Mom before. This brings up tons of guilt and fear. What if something happened to me and Shelby would have to grow up without a mom? OMG... Just thinking about it almost makes me break out in hives. I'm hoping this feeling is normal.
I know she will be in great hands with Mom and Jon. But it will be very hard to be away from her. I won't be there to wake her and feed her in the mornings. Or to see her smiling face. Oh, I can't wait to come home already!
No comments:
Post a Comment