Thursday, January 7, 2010

Sleep Training Night #3

Well, last night's "first round" was hugely successful! I only had to go into the room twice (once after 10 minutes passed and once after 12 minutes passed). And suddenly there was silence. Ahh... It was nice. Shelby was asleep.

And then she wasn't. She woke up about 30 minutes later but it only required one trip in there to reassure her and she was back to sleep.

Fast forward to 3 a.m... when a cold front is blowing in. Wind is making all types of scary noises. Since we aren't super familiar with the house, all types of things are creaking, etc. And Shelby woke up afraid. She fell back to sleep on her own (no going in) and then woke up about 20 minutes later. Repeated the same scenario. Twice. The last time I went in and turned up her sound machine to drown out any scary noises and she fell back to sleep until this morning! Success!

I don't think she would have woken up if it hadn't been for that crazy cold front blowing in. She did really well last night considering... And this morning she was in a great mood, all smiles and giggles. I'm thinking this is a good thing for her all around. I'm sure her wacked out sleep cycles were affecting her mood during the day (and night). Hopefully now it is a more even road for her.

Tonight is night #4! Moving right along...

No comments: