Friday, January 8, 2010

Sleep Training Night #4

Last night started off GREAT! Read stories, rock, relax, and then carry her to bed. I could tell she was a little anxious about it because she knew it was time. Her breathing changed a little. But she did great. She cried a little bit but was asleep almost immediately...

About 10 minutes later, she was crying. I went in there and hugged her, reassured her, and stayed in the room with her for awhile but she didn't seem to be calm. She seemed gassy so I gave her some gas drops. Then I hugged her again and realized, someone had dirty diapers! She had clean diapers when I put her in bed but THAT was the reason why she was so restless! Gotcha! Changed her diaper, rocked her in my arms for awhile, then put her down. She cried (maybe) 2 minutes and then was out like a light.

Two times during the night she cried. We watched her on the monitor as she drowsily stood up, cried, and the laid back down and fell back to sleep.

Woke up in a great mood this morning, smiling and chattering...

So far so good. We'll see what tonight holds...

1 comment:

MaryN said...

dez - you are braver than I. I tried that with Ant and couldn't stand it, so I just waited for the kids to grow up and sleep. Best of luck for you. Sounds like you are doing well with it.
luv ya
mary