Sunday, December 11, 2011

Ramblings...

Well, it has been awhile since my last post. Since then, we did sit down and have a long talk as a family. Things are a little better with my Mom now. It comes down to the fact that I'm carrying around a lot of anger and resentment. I also wish I had more "help" in any form, whether it is Mom pulling more of her weight around the house or Jon or whoever. Anything would be helpful. Mom has been helping more and has offered to pick up Shelby from daycare. With her doing this, I don't have to rush out of work right at 5 pm and hope I make it. It has taken some stress off of me and I appreciate it.

We put up our Christmas tree on Thursday and that always makes me feel better. I love the holidays... the lights... the sparkle! I so look forward to Shelby's eyes lighting up on Christmas morning. This year should be the year she GETS IT... I mean, understands more about the holiday, what happens, what brought us all here... It is the first year of many that will be the highlight of my life.

Last night we went to a light parade in Pflugerville. It was so awesome to watch her face and hear her excitement when she saw all of the lit floats driving down the road! She kept waving at the parade participants, yelling "Merry Christmas!!" She almost jumped out of her skin when she saw the Santa float. It was priceless... I hope we do that every year...

Just wanted to say hi to anyone out there "listening". I ranted recently and it was a build up of several years of frustration and anger. It is getting better but raising a toddler and a "mother" is not an easy job. As with anyone, you don't imagine your life being like it is most days but it is what God has given me and as someone once told me, he gives you what he knows you can handle... I hope his faith isn't misplaced.

No comments: