Monday, March 2, 2009

And laughter filled the air...

Well, the last couple of days have been amazing re: Shelby! Yesterday we grabbed a bite at a local Mexican restaurant. Shelby was sitting next to me in the booth in her car seat. I was talking to her and making noises as she watched me intently. Then I kinda curled my lips inward and did a smacking noise with my mouth several times. She looked at me reeeaaalll hard and then mimicked me! She smacked her lips! It was so cool. We just about fell out of our seats...

Last night she was on the blanket and started tossing her legs to one side, like she was trying to roll over. She didn't roll over but it was awesome to see her try. We also "think" we heard a laugh or two but weren't sure.

But tonight, the laughter happened. We were on the blanket again, letting her kick her legs and talk. I started tickling her. Normally she makes a face and just squirms and grunts... She's VERY ticklish. This time she kinda laughed. I looked at Jon and our mouths were wide open. I tried it again. She laughed. I tried again! She laughed again. It could be just a fluke but it was the coolest thing we've ever seen or heard! I hope we get to hear it again soon. It was adorable...

I'm sure there will be more moments like this to come... She seems to be changing overnight. It's truly amazing.

1 comment:

Amy J. said...

Yay for Shelby!! The laughter gets better and better, and you'll never tire of it! I'm about to update my own blog about LJ's giggly weekend.

She's getting so big, and I think starting to look more like her Daddy!