I will always remember when he would stay at the house and sit outside in the morning, drinking his coffee... watching the birds. He'd always come inside and tell me all about the birds in my yard. He loved strange food concoctions. He'd mix weird things together, I think to get a rise out of me and my mom! Charles would play with our dog, Tasha, for hours. He loved playing frisbee with her and wearing her out. When he'd stay with us, he'd watch Westerns all the time. If there was one on TV, he'd find it! When I spoke with him yesterday on the phone, he was telling me how great TCM was and that he'd been watching tons of movies all day! He loved movies.
He will be missed so much. He's with God now and I know he is in a much better place. He's no longer hurting or in pain. Charles always considered me his daughter and my brothers his sons. We were very special to him. I love you, Charles... I will always show Shelby pictures of you and she will always know how much you loved her... Thank you for being such a wonderful father and grandfather.
4 comments:
Desma, I am So sorry to hear about Charles. He was such a wonderful man, and he loved your mom and you so much. I will miss him, too. I will always remember him talking about killing feral pigs when we were eating dinner at Red, Hot, and Blue. NOt a typical dinner time conversation, but so Charles.
Desma, I am so, so sorry to hear this news! I wish you and your family the best during a very difficult time!
Keeping you and your family in our prayers!
Christine Ahrens
Desma,
Im in tears reading this. He was an amazing man. Please let me know if there is anything you need and whatever can be done to help. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Love you!
Desma,
What a beautiful tribute. Although I never met him, Charles seems like an amazing man, and I just know how much he must have loved you. I'm so sorry for your loss. You know you can call if you need anything at all, and in the meantime you and your family are in our prayers.
Post a Comment