two front teeth!
Last week, she was biting on my finger and I *thought* I felt something but didn't know for sure. Shortly after, she fell asleep and honestly, I forgot about it. It was an exhausting week... She was very grumpy part of last week but I attributed it to her being sick. Little did I know she was teething too!
Last night my friend, Colleen, texted me saying she saw Shelby's teeth at daycare and what exciting news! I immediately jumped up out of the chair bewildered. Jon grabbed the flashlight and we took a look. Sure enough, they had popped out - the two front teeth on the bottom. They are very small right now but they are there! I felt so embarrassed that someone else told me that our little girl had teeth!
I talked with someone about it at work today and apparently it is common to miss the first ones. They just kinda show up... I was beginning to feel like an awful mom but was assured that it happens a lot. I asked Colleen about it today, like how she knew... Was she sticking her fingers in Shelby's mouth? Did Shelby smile and she saw the tooth in question? Nah, nothing like that... Colleen said that the daycare gals were talking about Shelby having teeth. I was kinda bothered that they didn't say anything to me about it. They just talked to me about her poops when I picked her up (she's had some problems this week due to the antibiotics and steroids for the croup).
So our little girl is growing up... Her first teeth. I'll try to take a photo but that one may be a little difficult to get.
No comments:
Post a Comment