Jon and I decided that each year we would buy a "family" ornament for our tree. If the date isn't already on the ornament, we'd write it on there. I think over the years we will collect some wonderful and memorable ornaments.
I don't have all of our ornaments on the tree because we didn't want it to look too cluttered. Here are some ornaments we have on there this year:
Our first Christmas together - 2006
Our first married Christmas together - 2007. This ornament was a wedding present from our friends, Kendra and Ron.
Our ornament from 2007 showing our "family" monogram.
This year's ornament.
Shelby's First Christmas ornament.
Dragonfly ornament purchased this year. Everyone knows my love of dragonflies!
Beautiful ornament from my friend, Joanne, who lives in Irving, TX. She gave this to me in the early 90s. We worked together during that time.
An ornament in memory of my lost dog, Simon. I got him the day before Christmas Eve 2000. I was newly divorced and extremely depressed that year. He made it much brighter and easier for me to be alone for the first holiday in 7 years. My ex-husband was from a very large family so I was used to a family-packed and busy holiday season. It was very difficult to no longer be a part of that. It's a long story but Simon went missing about five years ago. I still cry for him at times. He was a wonderful dog and fabulous companion.
Here's a pic of our first Christmas together. I remember carrying him into Petsmart on Christmas Eve to buy all the things he needed to live with me. He was such a cutie! I miss him so much.

Another pic of us together during another Christmas.

A Santa ornament from my ex-sister-in-law. I just always thought it was pretty. Even though we are no longer close (another long story), I can't get rid of the ornament. It reminds me of happier times with her.
1 comment:
What a beautiful tree!
Mine looks like something out of Whoville. ha ha Yours is classic. Love it!
Post a Comment