Thursday, September 23, 2010

Week 1 Complete

Week 1 was challenging, in that I'm not used to writing down everything that goes into my mouth. I'm also used to having quite a bit more caffeine than I have been so that is something to get used to. Small headaches for a bit but those should pass.

I'm proud that I tracked my points. A couple of days I went under my allotted points. Some days I hit the number perfectly. Several days I went over (thank goodness for the weekly bonus points to help with that!). Tracking isn't super hard. But planning ahead with the meals is the most challenging part of all.

I went to my WW meeting today (Thanks, Katie for joining me!) and it was very inspirational. The subject today was asking for help... letting friends and family know what you are doing to better yourself so that when you need encouragement, it is there. When you need praise, it is there. And when you need help (like "could you not bring ice cream into the house!?"), it is there... I did that this week without knowing today's subject by posting on my blog and letting my close friends know that I'm starting this journey...

Today's official tally: Down 3.6 pounds! WOO HOO!!

2 comments:

kshellhorn said...

FABULOUS! In our meeting this week we discussed the same topic about asking for help in you weight loss journey. I used the example of a dear friend who started blogging about her journey so she could enlist the support of friends and help hold herself more accountable to her goal. I told the group how inspirational this friend is and how PROUD I am of her!

Amy J. said...

that is a FANTASTIC first week - way to go!!! I'm proud of you too!