Monday, September 27, 2010

Weekend was tough...

It was tougher than I thought it would be. We had "date night" on Friday and it wasn't so bad. I thought I made good choices but I have to say that having that wonderful bread sitting in front of me at the Outback Steakhouse and NOT eating the whole loaf was difficult!

Getting my snacks and water in over the weekend was also difficult. Maybe because I was busy or didn't think about it much. I don't know... Meals weren't too bad. I made good choices. I could have made worse choices than I did and I take that as progress.

I am excited about this week. Will continue forward as that is the only direction to go! Can't go backward. That would defeat the whole purpose of this journey. Trying to stay motivated and continually remind myself that the weight didn't appear overnight so it won't disappear overnight either!

I had lunch with my friend, Kendra today and she has been doing WW for awhile. She actually reached her goal weight this past Friday (CONGRATS, KENDRA!!!). I'm so proud of her. She is a huge motivator and cheerleader for me. She gave me a pedometer at lunch today and said that the recommended steps per day is 10,000... Hmm... I'm at 512 so far and it's 2:30. Chances are I won't reach that full 10,000 today... But baby steps, right? I'll work on increasing that number on a daily basis. If we have time tonight, I'll try to get out for a walk. It's beautiful weather so why not take advantage of it!

I will check back in later in the week with updates. Ciao!

3 comments:

Amy J. said...

Weekends are hard for me too, you did much better than I did this weekend! As long as your choices are better than they used to be, I call that success!

Jo said...

Good job on leaving the bread! That's soo tough. I've heard the suggestion to ask them not to bring it but that's hard when you're with someone who wants it.

I agree that this is a great time to get out and walk. Enjoy this nice cool weather!

Annie Lou's Blog said...

Good going desma. Hang in there with the filling foods--that really does help. I agree that weekends are tough. It seems easier to stick with a routine on workdays. Let's get together soon and compare notes.