Thursday, October 14, 2010

Motivation...

It's what keeps us going, isn't it? Whether we are powered forward by negative or positive events...

As I have previously mentioned, we are having a wellness challenge at work. There are various prizes, one of them going to the person who loses the highest percentage of body weight by January 5th. $500 and one day of paid leave! My goal is THAT WILL BE ME!!!

So to stay on target, I have set realistic, end-of-month, weight goals in order to be a specific weight by January 5th. If I weigh even less, that's even better! I don't want to jinx myself but I am 1.2 pounds away from my October 28th goal! I'm on target... so Jon and I made a deal. We will both lose weight and in January, go to Las Vegas to celebrate our progress and to celebrate his big 4-0. If I reach my October 28th goal, I will book the trip at the end of October. Stay tuned to see if I end up booking the trip!

Now, my January 5th deadline is just a milestone in this whole journey. The journey does not end there. It actually continues because my goal is to lose quite a bit of weight and become more physically fit in 2011. What I'm doing now is just baby steps to something even greater...

No comments: