Monday, October 4, 2010

Tomato, Basil & Smoked Mozzarella Pasta Salad

I also made this during the weekend. My husband, who doesn't typically like pasta dishes that deviate from the norm (spaghetti w/meat sauce and fettuccine) LOVED this dish! I was very pleased with it. I bought some BEAUTIFUL cherry tomatoes from Whole Foods that were so flavorful, I could have just eaten them straight. The only change I made to the recipe was that I used whole wheat penne pasta instead. This dish will be served again in the Hart household!!



Tomato, Basil and Smoked Mozzarella Pasta Salad
POINTS: 4
SERVINGS: 6

8 oz uncooked fusilli, or other spiral pasta
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar, or more to taste
2 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 cup(s) cherry tomato(es), or grape tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup(s) basil, fresh, chopped
2 oz whole milk low-moisture mozzarella cheese, smoked, diced (1/2 cup)
1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste
1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste

Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and transfer to a large bowl. Add vinegar, oil and oregano; toss to coat.

Fold in tomatoes, basil and mozzarella; season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve warm or chilled. Yields about 1 cup per serving.

No comments: