Today I went for my 29 week appointment (I now have to go to the doctor every 2 weeks). I'm actually measuring at 31 weeks, double the growth time since my last visit. I don't know if that is good or bad...
However, I spoke too soon. My doctor had been meaning to call me but knew I was coming in today so she waited. I'm a borderline Gestational Diabetic (GD) so she wants to diagnose me as such and send me to a specialist for a diet plan. Typically it can be controlled by diet. What this means is that I will have to avoid complex carbs, among some other things. I'll know more once I see the specialist. She also informed me that GD babies typically grow faster (especially in the shoulder or upper chest area) which could mean full-term delivery could be difficult. So she will probably induce 1 to 2 weeks before the due date. She will keep an eye on things via ultrasound to know for sure how we will proceed as the due date gets closer. This could put the due date the first or second week in October! Shelby could be here as early as 9 weeks! But this news could explain the growth spurt I experienced since my last appointment. I don't FEEL like I look much bigger but I guess I am.
I did ask how much weight I've gained since the beginning and I've only gained 10 pounds. I did lose some weight in the beginning (for lack of appetite) and I've tried to be very good about not gaining too much. That was the silver lining to today's office visit!
No comments:
Post a Comment