Friday, August 1, 2008

Good news!

Well, last week I received news that I failed my 1 hour gestational diabetes test. So on Monday, I had to take the 3 hour test. This involved fasting, drinking the syrupy, orange liquid (bleh), and then 4 blood draws. I have to say, sitting in the doctor's office for 3 hours was interesting. You get to see some interesting people and strike up conversations. When another pregnant woman comes in, you find yourselves "eye-balling" each other, looking at each other's bellies, trying to figure out how far along they are, comparing their belly to yours, etc. It is so interesting.

I met a nice mom in the office who was pregnant with her 2nd child and her current son is 8 years old. It reminded me of the 8 years difference between me and my brother, Russell. She was a little worried about the age difference so I told her my experience with my brother and how close we are now. There were times we weren't because of the age difference but as adults, we are much closer. There were times when it was just me at home so it was almost like being the only child. She seemed a bit relieved after our conversation.

After the 3 hour test, I went immediately to a local restaurant and had a nice, long lunch! I was so hungry. That orange stuff I drank just sat horribly in my stomach and I (and Shelby) was in great need of real food...

However, I digress! I received the test results from the 3 hour test and they were negative!! WOO HOO! I was so relieved. ::heavy sigh::

No comments: