
Some of you know that I have a little side "business" and part of that is doing calligraphy. Most of my calligraphy clients are brides needing their wedding invitation envelopes addressed. I've had some jobs this summer but not anything like right now! I've had FIVE ladies contact me in the last 4 weeks, all needing jobs done right before or during the time Shelby is scheduled to arrive. How wild! I can't complain, though, as I will be using the extra cash to buy stuff for Miss Shelby or treat my husband to a nice dinner (or both).
Thankfully I wrapped one job up last night and am almost done with a second job. One gal is sending me her stuff from Houston and another from New Braunfels. I've also had several brides find me via a Google search. That's pretty exciting! I'm used to my brides coming from The Knot or word of mouth. It is nice to know that search engines are picking up my website when the right words are typed in!
After Shelby comes, I really want to take some calligraphy classes to learn new styles. I think I will attract new clients by providing more than one style. A lot of brides love the very flourishy styles and those styles look like they would be fun to learn! Paper Source is a papercraft store in various U.S. locations that offers calligraphy classes. I buy a lot of my quality card stock, envelopes, and cards from them. They had classes in California and Kansas City but I couldn't justify the expense of flying out there for a class. However, they JUST opened a store in Dallas that I will be cyber stalking to see when they offer calligraphy classes! And, it would be an excellent excuse to spend hours in a papercraft store!
1 comment:
Wow...congrats on a pick-up in business!!!
~MrsMillerTime
Post a Comment