Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Cooking Day

Today I set out to make a bunch of food for the freezer. By doing this, we have some good food that will be easy to prepare when we are hectically tending to a newborn! Today I made:

- A huge pot of Chili
- A huge pot of Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Beef Stroganoff
- Cornbread Muffins
- Banana Bread
- Hash Brown Casserole

There's plenty there for lots of meals! Many of the recipes I got from a great book called "Don't Panic - Dinner's in the Freezer". As far as the soup and chili, I must admit they aren't my recipes but clever and tasty kits from All of Us, Old Plantation Soups. They sell chili, soup, and dip mixes. We've had some of their stuff before and it was AWESOME. I have some frozen dough to make bread bowls and know that will be so hearty on a cold winter's day!

Currently I already have the following in the freezer:

- Chicken a la King
- Spaghetti Sauce
- Crumb Cake
- Christmas Quiche (why it is called this, I don't know)
- Italian Mac 'N Cheese

We also got several lasagnas and some shrimp scampi from Sam's as well. Those are easy to make and don't take a lot of time or effort.

I still have more freezer dinners to make later this week but that is about it for today. I'm exhausted!

1 comment:

Amy J. said...

Way to go! Is the Italian Mac & Cheese one of your recipes or is it store-bought? Sounds like you'll need to share the recipe, if you have it because it sounds awesome!