I've noticed that I'm becoming more and more tired, needing to take cat naps more often than usual. I think my body is trying to get me to conserve my energy for labor and delivery, the very things that scare the bejesus out of me!
The other day we went to Walmart and poor Jon had to walk at a snail's pace because I just couldn't move too fast. It's not like I'm as big as a Mack truck or anything. My body just gets so exhausted and I'm starting to feel it change... little pains and shifts here and there. My hips are relaxing and getting ready for the birth so that causes some weirdness while walking. Sometimes just getting in the car and driving up the road takes it out of me. I think I will be curbing any outings and activities for the last week. Jon is encouraging me to take care of myself so that I don't wear myself out. I think I will listen to his encouragement!
Thursday I was thinking how great it was that I hadn't had a migraine during the pregnancy! Well, I spoke too soon. Yesterday my head was hurting and by the time Jon got home from work, it was working itself into a migraine. All night last night my head was pounding. I slept with a cool compress on my forehead, hoping it would go away. Woke up this morning and my head was pounding. OUCH! It is feeling a little better now but it is still bothersome.
We packed our hospital bags this morning, getting ready for the TRIP! :-) Confused the heck out of our dogs. I bet they think we are taking a road trip and will be surprised when those bags sit there for several days. They have a huge surprise waiting for them when we do return from the hospital. I guess you could say that their little lives will change overnight! While we were packing the bags, we started talking about how Shelby could be here any day now. I mean, I only have 9 days left until her due date (and the doctor doesn't want to go beyond that date). I can't believe she will be here very soon!! It's been a long 10 months. Yes, technically it is 10 months, even though people always say 9 months. It is calculated as 10 from the last menstrual period.
No comments:
Post a Comment