Friday, October 10, 2008

Showered with love!

Last month, some wonderful girlfriends threw me a shower. I recently received some photos from the shower and wanted to share. I am so fortunate to have met these wonderful ladies online. We all became fast and wonderful friends. Most of us were in the process of planning our weddings (one had already had hers) and created wonderful friendships from one common bond. We've found we have more in common in time and try our best to get together whenever possible.

The girls!


Monica made these fabulous centerpieces! If you look closely, you will see that some of the "flowers" are actually onesies, washcloths, socks, etc. twisted into rosettes. So talented!


Elyse embroidered these wonderful onesies for Shelby. For those of you that are familiar with the movie, Steel Magnolias, you will understand the "Blush" and "Bashful" references. In the movie, Julia Roberts plays a character named Shelby and she is planning her wedding. Her mother is played by Sally Fields. Shelby describes her wedding colors as "blush and bashful" and her mother basically says so it's "pink and pink". I borrowed this photograph from Elyse's blog because the photo I had from the shower has the onesies resting on my chest and it looks like I was naming the "girls". :-)


Amy hosted the shower at her house and here's Katy holding Logan, Amy's sweet boy (Shelby's future boyfriend).


Katy made some wonderful and adorable cupcakes.


And Daria (err... Dave) created some delightful and tasty morsels.


It was such a wonderful shower! I enjoyed visiting with these gals. We enjoyed it so much that several weeks later, some of us met at North by Northwest for a tasty dinner (and of course, several shared desserts!). I can't wait for Shelby to meet these wonderful girlfriends!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww babe, we soo puffy heart you!

BTW can you send me the baby wipe directions?

Heather and Stephen said...

Hi, I'm friends w/ Amy as well, found your blog through hers. I LOVE those centerpieces, too cute! Best of the best to you on your little one!